Curly hair can be challenging. Tangles, frizz, shrinkage...the list goes on and on. Tackling these challenges can be time consuming. I've found that incorporating a twist or two into my style quickly creates a more polished look. Sooo I'm bringing you 5 super easy styles! Each of these can be done in 10 minutes or less. If you have straight hair, these styles will work for you too!
5 Styles, 10 Minutes
Let's get started!
This style is the easiest of them all and is definitely my go to when I'm in a hurry.
- Simply choose which side you want your part on, leaving more hair on one side.
- Take the side with less hair and flat twist it around your hairline and to the back.
- Secure the twist with a pin.
This style is perfect for showing off statement earrings.
- Follow the same steps above for the half twist, but take your twist all the way around, following the nape of your neck..
- Secure your twist with hair pins.
This is a quick & easy way to style your hair when you want to leave it out, but don't want it in your face.
- Part your hair & do flat twists on both sides of the part. Twist each piece all the way to the end of your strand.
- Place the ends of your twists so that they meet in the middle.
- Secure with hair pins.
Updos aren't exclusive to straight hair. Load up on hair pins and you can easily create an elegant style with your natural texture.
- Follow the same steps above for the front twists.
- Gather all of your hair into a hair tie.
- Separate a small amount of hair from the top portion of your ponytail & pin it out of the way for later.
- Take the remainder of your hair and put it into a bun. The style of your bun can vary, but I went with the tuck and roll method.
- Be sure to use lots of pins so your bun is secure.
- Take the section of hair you pinned away earlier and twist it around the top of your bun. This adds dimension to your style and covers the hair tie.
- Tuck your top twist into your bun and pin the ends.
Two Twist Buns:
This is a very popular style right now. It's really cute and easy to do.
- Figure out how much hair on the bottom you want to leave out. Use a hair tie to separate it from the top so it's out of your way.
- Divide your top section into two.
- Do a flat twist on both sides of your part. Be sure to angle them in a diagonal direction so they lead to your buns. Secure each twist with a pin.
- Put both of your divided sections into a ponytail. Do your best to make sure they are are evenly aligned.
- Tuck each section into a bun (I rolled my hair forward) and secure with hair pins.
- Release your bottom section of hair.
Pretty easy right? Next time you're in a hurry, these quick styles will help you get out the door a little faster.