Jen Sincero's You Are A Badass is a motivational book filled with inspiring quotes and relatable stories. It's an easy read, and in my opinion, a necessary one for anyone interested in tapping into the law of attraction. Of course we cant close our eyes, focus on something, and make it appear instantly (we're not genies lol). However, there is merit in the impact of positive thinking and setting intentions.
Sincero breaks down The Law Of Attraction so it's easy to understand.
1. "All energy vibrates at a certain frequency. Which means you're vibrating at a certain frequency and everything you desire and don't desire, is also vibrating at a certain frequency. Vibration attracts like vibration. Otherwise known as The Law of Attraction [...]"
Jen Sincero reminds us that we attract what we think about, even negative things. If we want to see positive things manifest, we ourselves must be genuinely positive.
2. "The Universe will match whatever vibration you put out. And you can't fool The Universe."
Sincero refers to worry, comparisons, and all negative thoughts as low-frequency.
3. "Commit to releasing your attachment to low-frequency thoughts and experiences, trust that the Universe loves the crap out of you, kick fear in the face, and head bravely into the unknown."
Of course, being positive isn't always easy, but Sincero gives tons of tips and affirmations to get you there. She tackles comparison, self criticism, and guilt.
4. "You are more than enough. Avoid comparison like the plague."
5. "You aren't a better person for feeling guilty or bad about yourself, just a sadder one. Get clear on this one truth: guilt, shame, and self-criticism are some of the most destructive forces in your life, which is why forgiving yourself is one of the most powerful."
I hope this post inspires you to read You Are A Badass! Check it out and you'll feel like you can take over the world. I promise. You'll feel more positive and have a new light; here's what Jen wants you to do with it.
6. "Walk around so lit up that you shoot sunbeams out of yer eyeballs. Which automatically lights up the world around you. Which is precisely why you are here: to shine your big-ass ball of fire onto this world of ours. A world that literally depends upon light to survive."
If you've read You Are A Badass, what's your favorite quote? What books are you reading right now?